Tuesday 21 June 2011

A year has passed!

Damn! It's been nearly a year since I looked at this blog, and as much as I would like to delete all the previous posts and start fresh, I'm not going to do that. It's good keeping some past posts - even though they sound really bad, naive and most are unfinished. This one too, will probably end up unfinished or maybe I'll finish it for once since I have nothing better to do (at least for the next hour or so). I'll just put some Adele songs on and spill out whatever is going on in my head. Since finishing my uni exams, I've been working my butt off in David Lloyd's cafe in Kensington, serving coffee and food to women with several collagen lip injections and protein shakes to hulk look-alike men. That is all for £5.95 per hour, drastically blistered toes and cracked hills. But then again, I'd rather do that and earn money for holidays rather than sit at home. As a summer job, it will do. I get to make myself fruit juices, drink only freshly squeezed orange juice, and eat as much as I want. I stopped all the coffee after exams, I think the black coffee took its toll on my teeth, and now I don't really have to be awake and alert - no more legislations, statutes, Acts or whatever else there is, has to be remembered. I can enjoy normal novels from now on until late September. I don't even think it matters whether the novel is well written or not. However shit it is, I will still enjoy it. The last novel I read was last year on holiday in Rhodes and it was probably "An Education" by Lynn Barber. This year I've finished exams early so I already got through "One Day" by David Nicholls and now I'm nearly done with "The Chosen Once" by Sam Bourne, the next in line will be "The Room" by Emma Donoghue. I think that even with these three books, I'm giving myself some variety (but I do need to pick a classic book!).

I think that's it for this evening!