Monday 30 August 2010

London

It's been ages since I wrote anything here! I've been attempting to post something for months, I had it all in my head but every time I actually opened up blogger it was a 'no can do'.
Today I found one article from The Times "Starbucks, summers and other unlikely reasons to love Britain" in my drawer and I knew exactly why I saved it. Since I can remember people were always telling me "Ohhh I hate London" "the weather is crap" "people have attitudes" and I always thought the exact opposite. I see nothing wrong with London. Yes, I did have some unpleasant experiences here with people but at the end of the day - who gives a crap?
This just reminds me, the other day I was walking down to Junction and some boys (you can't call them men, even though their age places them in that category) said "Excuse me, EXCUSE ME - you dropped something hun" and when I turned, they just laughed in my face. I actually felt sorry for them, especially for the gelled haired girl who had a small baby in her hands. How can she even smile at their cheap jokes and hang around with people like that? I guess she is just the same, its a shame the baby will be brought up in that atmosphere.

Starbucks, summers and other unlikely reasons to love Britain: (according to the guy who wrote the article and meeee)

1. Walking
2. Starbucks - unlike the author I wouldn't know (yet!) how Starbucks tastes in America (he's saying that the food and the coffee tastes better in the British Starbucks) and I'm not so much into the "I'm walking with a Starbucks plastic cup, with bed head hair and so I'm cool". The coffee is good, the place is good but not for showing off.
3. Banking
4. DVLA
5. Excuses
6. Drivers
7. Self-deprecation
8. Boots the Chemist - I prefer Superdrugs - always has the deals I need.
9. ID Cards
10. Summers - I even love the rain and the wind.

I'm going to miss London once I move to Uni in Kent in roughly three weeks, but then again Canterbury has its own charm and I'm sure as long as it's in Britain - I'll love it.