Monday 12 July 2010

Books for Summer 2010 !

With a glass of wine by my side (already feeling a bit lightheaded), geeky glasses on - these books are my summer reads for 2010 :) Its amazing how you can get into a book so much that you forget about everything else. Summer is the time to stop reading all those history and English set texts and enjoy random books. I told myself that I actually want to read funny and as some may label stupid books during my summer - one's that I did not have a chance to enjoy in the past 2 years.
My list may not contain many funny books, but I will end up going on holidays with them :) so whatever they are - I'm happy.

Bring it on !


Reading List:


The Liar - Stephen Fry (finished 12th July 2010) The very title of the book appealed to me at the time. The Liar was something different to all the other depressing books. It reminded me of Salinger's Holden in The Catcher in the Rye, there's even the famous sentence "if you want to know the truth". I was thinking of actually copying some bits of it into this blog, but its 11:00 at night and I have finished the book - the pages have been lost. I might go back to it one day after my holidays and actually copy the lines about lies below. One day maybeeee...


An Education - Lynn Barber (14th July 2010 - Still waiting for amazon to get it to me ! Been waiting for more than a week - its actually pathetic ! )


Catch-22 - Joseph Heller


60 years later coming through the rye - John David California (Holden Caulfield returns! The book is a sequel to Salinger's Catcher Through the Rye - I did not yet read the book (14th July 2010) but already feel a bit on the off side - I don't think it should have been written esp by a different author. Maybe we should all wonder what really happened to Caulfield. A 76- year old man wondering around the streets, with a language that stuck with him for the past 60 years ? I don't know what to think of it. I will update this post after I have read all of the books.

The Gathering - Anne Enright